Open Content Policy
NewsNow regards all websites that publish periodically updated information as potential sources.
In choosing whether a source qualifies for inclusion in its aggregation services, NewsNow does apply rigorous editorial standards.
However, NewsNow avoids distinguishing unnecessarily between:
- authors or publishers who call themselves news organisations and those who do not;
- authors or publishers with explicit or hidden biases;
- authors or publishers that profess political motivations and those that profess to be objective, independent or unbiased;
- articles reviewed by editors or those published without review;
- factual, speculative, educational, opinion or entertainment pieces, or press releases.
(NewsNow does however aim to identify those sources which publish press releases, weblogs, or those which require registration or subscription.)
NewsNow currently reviews sources for suitability for inclusion on our website as a consequence of:
- a request by a paying customer;
- a request by a website user;
- a need, that we determine our website users or paying customers have;
- a request by a publisher;
- a request by a member of the company.
(However, we don't usually record the reason a site was added unless it was specifically asked for by a client.)
NewsNow reserves the right to decline to add a source at its sole discretion, and NewsNow reserves the right to change this Open Content Policy at any time without notice.